Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Everybody Got Their Something

Everybody is addicted to something.  Whether it's coffee every morning, sex, food, exercise.  Everybody has something.  I am always thankful that I didn't get into anything heavier than alcohol.  I think if meth or coke had gotten a hold of me, I wouldn't be able to shake it.  It's hard for me to say that to people without sounding foolish.  "Look at me, I'm only a drunk."  It just doesn't come across well.  But there is that part of me that is glad.  I know I have more than a fighting chance to get through this.

1 comment:

  1. Those are very hard addictions... but those I truly feel for are those with good addictions... and I think I am one of them. You don't have to have meth, or coke, or alcohol... however you DO have to have food which makes fighting that addiction en-creditably difficult.

    and I do think you have a fighting chance... you just have to want it. Even when I was in the throws of my addiction, the day I woke up and said enough was enough I knew I had a fighting chance because I didn't want to be an addict anymore.

    ReplyDelete