Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Relationships

I started writing a post back in 2009 about how relationships correspond to my drinking.  However, it was very vile and hateful & totally misguided.  I was honestly trying to blame everyone around me for my drinking.  I had the boyfriend the beat my physically & emotionally. My mom has abandoned me when I was kid.  For some reason I never posted but kept it draft mode.  Given much introspection here is the new version of the post....

Relationships you have with people can empower you or do quite the opposite.  They can help you along or hinder you from your path.  People may think they are doing their very best to help you, but all they are really doing is holding you back.  Or you have people that constantly try to sabotage you.

Above anything though, above all else... I alone let these things happen.  I can't blame anyone but myself for getting to where I am.  I let it all happen.  Of course, it will not help my course to start blaming myself for letting people help/hurt me.  That's counter-productive my goal.  All I can do is understand that I did let it happen and if I want to change my course, then I have to take the reins and steer this motherf@#ker myself.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see you are starting to really ponder these things and really understand how to help yourself.

    ReplyDelete